Rapid Access Prostate Clinic
Direct access to Consultant led assessment and diagnostic services for patient's suspected of prostate diseases or cancer. This service was rolled out by The National Cancer Control Programme in 2012.
- Mr. Garrett Durkan - Consultant Urologist - Clinical Lead
- Mr, Hugh Flood - Consultant Urologist
- Mr. Subhasis Giri - Consultant Urologist
- Mr. Muhammad Akram - Consultant Urologist
Treatment and Services
Referring doctor or patient can contact the service directly by calling the clinic secretary on 061-585637
Referrals are made by completing the standard NCCP Rapid Access Prostate Form below.
Our Prostate Clinic fax no is 061-485272
- National Rapid Access Prostate Clinic Service Referral Form.pdf (size 66.1 KB) (For Medical Practitioners Only)
- National Prostate Cancer Rapid Access Service GP Referral Guidelines.pdf (size 100.4 KB) (For Medical Practitioners Only)
Following triage suitable patients are offered an appointment. Appointments entail:
- Review with Urology team.
- Medical history, physical examination
- Urine flow test or bladder scan if required
- Blood tests if required
- If deemed necessary prostate biopsies may be taken
- Rapid Access Prostate Clinic Limerick - Information Leaflet for Patients
- Rapid Access Patient Booklet "A Guide For Men - Having your prostate checked: what you should know"
- Rapid Access Prostate secretary -061-585637/585636
- Rapid Access Prostate Co-Coordinator - 061-482727
- Rapid Access fax No: 061-482572
|Prostate Clinic||Mr. Durhan||OPD1||Thursday