Rapid Access Lung Clinic
Direct access to Consultant led assessment and diagnostic services for patients with suspected lung disease or cancer. This service was rolled out by The National Cancer Control programme in 2012.
A Consultant led service for symptomatic patients, offering direct and rapid access to assessment and diagnosis for suspected lung cancer.
- Dr. Aidan O Brien - Consultant Physician
- Dr. Brian Casserly - Consultant Physician
Treatment and Services
Referring doctor or patient can contact the service directly by calling the clinic secretary on 061-585636. A referral letter is required.
Referrals are made by completing the standard NCCP Rapid Access Lung Form below.
Our lung clinic fax no is 061-485272
- National Lung Cancer Rapid Access Service Referral Form.pdf (size 533.4 KB) (For Medical Practitioners Only)
- Lung Cancer Rapid Access Service GP Referral Guidelines.pdf (size 92.6 KB) (For Medical Practitioners Only)
- Rapid Access Lung Clinic: A Guide for Patients.pdf (size 503.7 KB)
Following triage suitable patients are offered an appointment. Appointments entail:
- Review with Respiratory Consultant
- Medical history, physical examination
- Any further diagnostic appointments will be scheduled e.g. bronchoscopy, bloods, CT guided biopsy.
A follow report will be sent to the referring doctor.
- Rapid Access Lung secretary - 061-585637
- Rapid Access Lung Co-ordinator - 061-485317
- Rapid Access Fax No: 061-482572
|Rapid Access Lung Clinic||Tuesday and Friday 9.00-2.00PM||OPD 1||Dr.Aidan O Brien / Dr. Brian Casserly|